1. I'm really proud of the last two bigbangs I finished - this woman's work
will be posted at hawaii_bigbang
in September, and break upon the waves
will be posted at some point this week (I hope). They're both very different from the longer fics that I've written before, and this woman's work
is especially so - it's told entirely from the point of view of a minor canon character, and it gets into a lot of issues that I know people are thinking about from the end of the season. It's just my take on them, of course, but I'm happy with how it turned out. break upon the waves
is pretty emotional, and writing a highly emotional piece while trying to stay true to Steve's character is... not the easiest thing I've set before myself, I'll admit, but again, I think I did a decent job with it. Anyway, I'm happy with them, so even if they fall flat, I'm still okay with it.
2. I'm seeing yet another doctor for my eyes in two weeks. I'm so sick of doctors, guys, I really am.I'm super thankful that my family cares about me enough to pester good doctors until they break down and take an appointment from me just to get my aunt to stop calling, but they're not going to tell me anything that I haven't already heard, and there are no other options that I haven't been presented. I have accepted this. I just want to move on at this point.
3. I'm sure you've noticed this, but my w key is still broken. I.. apologise. Really. That's all I can do until I can afford to replace the keyboard, which is not now.
4. I'm finally, finally un-stalled on my atlantisbigbang
! I was stuck on this for a really, really long time - I love the prompt I'm using (one of camshaft22
's, and it's just - ugh, I love it) and I love the vague story I had in my head, but every time I sat down to write in it, I'd only get a hundred or so words done before I lost where I was going with it. I sat down and did some serious work on it recently, and I've got a more solid idea of where the story is going now, and I've set goals and am sticking to them. It's going to be John/Cam and Evan/David, it's massively AU, and I'm pretty much in love with my idea. I just have to write it. :)
. No, that's it. It's awesome and there's such a great turnout and I'm so, so excited, so. Yeah. five0bang
6. Thanks to all of you for reading and commenting and talking to me on AIM/Yahoo/some other IM program and generally being awesome. You guys seriously rock :)
7. ...tell me that I do not want to sign up for zombiebang
. Tell me. Be really, really convincing.
8. Just as a general note: if any of you guys have questions for me about whatever, please feel free to ask. This can be fic related, fandom related, or RL related. I'm pretty much an open book, and I'm open to talking about pretty much anything from why I love John/Cam to my health issues. I know I post a lot of snippets about different things, so if you are confused and curious, just... ask. :)