1. The help_nz auction has been extended! It was supposed to end this evening; apparently LJ got in touch with the mod and asked them to extend it so they could put it in the LJ news post later this week. AWESOME, guys, awesome :D Anyway, my thread is over here if you're interested!
2. This vid made my day roughly 800% better in its two minutes of glory. H50, Danny and Rachel and Steve and utter, utter ridiculousness. NSFW lyrics-wise. (And here's another link to it just in case that first one doesn't work.)
3. I am now signed up for seven bigbangs, guys, and four exchanges. I have a problem. A serious, serious, problem, and if you see me trying to sign up for something else in the next month or so, kindly beat me into unconsciousness to prevent me from doing so. (Except atlantisbigbang. That's still allowed.)
4. I kind of want to rec a few things, but they're all H50 and I know not all of you are into it, so I'm
Mr Rosso Goes To Hawaii by Siria, NC-17 overall, ~14,300. Danny goes undercover as a mob boss to catch the bad guys; Kono's supposed to go as his wife, but then she breaks her leg, so... Steve goes instead (of course he does). Fast and sharp and well-done; sounds like something right out of the show, honestly.
This Thing Of Ours by leupagus, NC-17 overall, ~35,900. I mean, honestly, just go read everything leupagus has written because she's got the tone of the characters just so perfectly and her stories are kind of my happy place. This is an AU in which Danny is actually a mob boss form Jersey, sent to set things up in Hawaii, and Steve is... Steve. Sharp, funny in parts, absolutely believable characterisation; even though you'd think Danny being a mob boss would be terribly awkward, it's very, very not. This is sort of maybe my favorite H50 fic out there, guys. I want sequels upon sequels and everything.
Sometimes A Blue Macaw by ariadnes_string, PG-13 overall, ~4700. Steve gets sick; Danny takes care of him. Actually gen, which whoa, but really about as gen as the show, so... yeah. Lovely h/c, though.
5. I love my landcomms and my teams, and that's really all there is to say about it. I really, really do.
6. stargatemafia is starting up again soon - you know you want to play, go sign up, do it do it do it! It's fun and I'm Momma Mitchell and I serve pie and let people make out in the barn. I'm progressive like that, guys.
7. Guys, I HAVE VIDDED. I made the world's crappiest, most terrible vid ever, and I almost don't want to share it, but hey, nothing like embarrassing the living bejesus out of yourself on the internet, am I right? Blame stargateland for this. Also me, I suppose.
8.You guys are awesome, and I really want to thank you for all the comments and encouragement andeverything. Special thanks to those of you whom I bug on a pretty regular basis about things, both RL and fic-related; thanks for putting up with me and my insane ideas, and thanks for telling me when yes, I am being insane, and I really should come in from the rain. HUGS FOR EVERYONE. :D